Why we collect your information (Collection Notice)
At Woolworths at Work, we care deeply about your privacy. And that means giving you what you need to make informed choices. We want to make it simple for you to understand how we collect, use and share your personal information, so please read on to find out more.
How and why we collect personal information
First and foremost, we collect your personal information from the business you are authorised to shop for (referred to as the “Business”) in order to set up your Woolworths at Work account and complete your registration with us. We also collect your personal information directly from you in order to manage the sales and registration process. Without the necessary information, we may not be able to provide you with the Woolworths at Work services.
We collect personal information such as your name, contact details, date of birth, and payment details directly from you or anyone within the Business and who is authorised to access your account and its details, e.g. your procurement representative, finance manager or any third party authorised by the business you shop for to access such details.
We do so when you visit us online or otherwise engage with us, for instance when you register your interest with us, contact our call centres, or when you browse our websites or other digital assets (like most businesses, we use technologies like cookies – click here to see how they work).
We typically use your personal information to:
- communicate with you and the Business about your purchases
- improve the goods and services we offer the Business
- sell and promote relevant products, services, personalised offers and other benefits to the Business via direct marketing (including emails or personalised catalogues) or tailored advertising (including on websites you visit and social media platforms)
- record your feedback (including via surveys and product reviews)
- investigate and respond to enquiries and complaints from you and/or the Business
- conduct investigations in cases of fraud or data security risks
- improve our business generally, including by monitoring or recording our interactions with you or the Business, for training purposes and
- comply with our legal obligations or when we are managing product quality, health or safety issues.
Depending on how you deal with us, it’s possible we may need to collect other types of personal information necessary to deliver you and the Business the benefits of Woolworths at Work or respond to your broader needs.
We may not be able to provide you with the Woolworths at Work services you require without these details.
Sharing your personal information
We work with a number of partners and service providers and we sometimes need to share your personal information with them to bring you Woolworths at Work products and services and in the course of doing business. These include delivery, IT services, payment systems, financial services, fraud detection and call centre suppliers. Payment services providers will also need to access your information, including your transaction and payment details, in order to facilitate payments.
We may share details, such as your name and email address, purchase history, invoice details and other consolidated reporting, with other members from the Business who are authorised by that Business to request such details for purposes including auditing and reporting.
We may also need to share your personal information within the Woolworths Group, as required by law and in the context of any legal proceedings to which we are a party.
Should we ever explore the sale of any part of Woolworths at Work, we may need to share personal information with potential and final acquirers.
If you have a query or complaint you would like to discuss with Woolworths relating to a privacy matter, you can contact the Woolworths Group Privacy Officer.
Phone: 1300 908 631
Post: Privacy Officer
Woolworths Group Limited
PO Box 8000
BAULKHAM HILLS NSW 2153